A private event on the Deck at Reds will most certainly "WOW" your guests! Currently we can seat up to 48 guests while complying with NYS's table spacing guidelines. Capacity may increase at a later date. Below outlines our event policies for Private Events held in outdoor deck dining space. Indoor Dining Events in our Back Room are also available - minimums and arrangements for inside dining are different than on the deck so please check our Policies & General Information page for details regarding Private Indoor Dining Events.
To view our current menu options for events of 25 or more guests please see our package info under the Private Events tab. Lunch, Dinner, and Brunch Packages available. Wood Fired Pizza and Seafood Boil events will soon be available as well. Private Events on the Deck do have minimum event pricing (see below).
Timing of Private Deck Events
Private events on the deck may be arranged for up to 4 hours in duration with arrival times between 11:30am- noon for daytime events and 6:00pm for evening events.
Booking & Payment
To give you adequate time to consider our event offerings, we will gladly hold a date for your event on the deck for 48 hours. A non-refundable deposit of $500 will be requested upon your decision to book your private event on the deck and the deposit will be forfeited if event is cancelled. Final payment is due on day of event at its conclusion. Private Event Package prices reflect a discount for cash or check settlement. If paying by credit card, please add 4% to your total bill.
Minimums for Private Deck Events
Given the high demand for dining on the deck and the time requirements of hosting private events on the deck, we require a minimum event charge to close the deck for private gatherings. The minimum event charge is based on the day of the week event is scheduled.
- For events held Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday the minimum event cost for private events on the deck would be $1900 (plus tax and gratuity).
- For events held on Friday, Saturday or Sunday the minimum event cost for private events on the deck would be $2500 (plus tax and gratuity).
If food and beverage arrangements for the event do not total the minimums outlined above, an additional event space charge will apply to insure that you meet the event minimum.
Tax & Gratuity
All of our pricing is subject to the customary 17% gratuity and applicable sales tax (currently 8%). Additional gratuities are not expected, however if you feel your event coordinator or service staff has exceeded your expectations you are welcome to provide an additional gratuity. Tax exempt organizations need to present a tax exempt voucher and pay with an organizational check or government voucher.
Prices listed are for a maximum four-hour time frame, but overtime may be available at the discretion of management. There is no option for overtime on events if there is another event scheduled later that evening. Daytime events must end no later than 4:00pm. Please note that no events may extend beyond 11:00pm. The charge for overtime is an additional $100/hr plus tax and gratuity.
Inclement Weather for Deck Events
Guests should anticipate that bad weather and wind are always possible. Although we make every attempt to proceed with events regardless of weather conditions, occasionally a guest may request shifting their event inside. Events booked on the deck may or may not be moved inside if inclement weather is predicted. If inside space is available and you would like to shift your event inside, it will need to be arranged with our event coordinator no later than 3 days prior to the event date.
Decorations & Confetti
Although the Deck is a beautiful setting by itself, guests are welcome to bring in additional decorations and accessories to enhance their event. We do request that nothing be adhered to lighting, fans, window walls, or painted surfaces. Use of confetti is strictly prohibited.
Additional Amenities Available on the Deck Upon Request
- Champagne table linens with an array of napkin colors available upon request.
- Window sides for the north & west sides of the space.
- Portable heaters and an additional larger space heater available / Ceiling fans to circulate air during warmer months
- Votive holders with tea lights
Pandemic Related Regulations in Effect
For the safety of our guests and team members, we continue to follow NYS pandemic related guidelines as outlined on the NY Forward site. Some of the current highlights that impact our private event guests directly include the following:
- Masks are required of guests at all times when not seated at their table. Eating and drinking must be done while seated.
- Tables must be placed a minimum of 6 ft. apart and can seat no more than 10 guests at a table.
- Guests are encouraged to social distance as much as possible, even when wearing a mask.
-Sanitizer is readily available to guests in multiple areas and handwashing is also encouraged.
- Dancing is currently not available except for previously arranged ceremonial dances (ex: bride and groom 1st dance). Masks must be worn while dancing, and guests can only dance in designated zones that are assigned to them. Since every table would require its own designated dance zone spaced 6ft from tables and other dance zones, we simply don't have the floor space to accommodate seating and dancing within these guidelines. We are hopeful that these restrictions will loosen soon.